Friday, March 28, 2014

Artful Fiber Palette

An email just came through from Churchmouse Yarns. I erased most of the post that I already wrote - this is way better. New colour suggestions for The Color Play Mohair Wrap. I've already knit four but that could be five very soon...

While working our original 4-color, 8-section Color Play Mohair Wrap, certain 2-color sections kept catching our eye. Intrigued, we decided to try a whole wrap using just two colors of Kidsilk Haze Stripe throughout. The result is simpler to knit and requires less measuring. And, because each skein stripes differently, each wrap’s final look remains unique. 

Its luxurious size envelops your neck like an oversized scarf, or graces your shoulders with plenty of length left for a feminine drape in the front or the back. We think you’ll love the feeling of wrapping yourself in an artful fiber palette.
Amazing! Love it. I know what I will be knitting when I finish with the super secret yarn.

Avocado and Chestnut is pictured in the finished shawl.

Here are a few more suggestions from Churchmouse.


California Sunrise and Flaming
A more subtle color shifting revealed itself as we worked -- still gloriously unpredictable -- and more watercolor-like in the blending, without a noticeable beginning or end. 
Chiaroscuro and Mulled Wine

This is a combination that I love in two different wraps that I've knit.
Cool and Chiaroscuro
If you'd like to create your own combination, consider stretching your color horizons by pairing one Kidsilk Haze Stripe color that you wouldn't normally pick with one that's more familiar. You'll be amazed at how the resulting combination complements your favorite colors. 

This coming Tuesday evening I will be speaking at the Around the Bay Knitting Guild about CustomFit.
ATBKG Meeting Tuesday, April 1st, 2014.

Fortino's 
1579 Main Street West 
at Rifle Range Road, West Hamilton.

Guild business to begin at 6:30 pm. 

Cost is $2 dollars at the door.                                                 
Tea/coffee and light snack available.
Voluntary 50/50 draw. 
The Community Room is open at 5:30 pm for optional social/dinner and knitting.
No outside food and or drink is permitted; must be purchased at Fortino's. 

Elevator for ease of access to room; washroom on ground floor.
Guests must pay $10 at door.

Julie will provide presentation on 
"Custom Fit" from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. 
No prep or homework - bring paper/pen for notes; bring knitting. 
Bring your measure tape if you would like help to get some measurements.
Guild Blog... 

I'm home and now it's time to relax. College basketball is on. I have one team left, Beth still has two. UGGG!! I hate losing to her.

2 comments:

Dayana Knits said...

Rowan SERIOUSLY needs more KSH Stripe colors!!! I will suggest it again and again.

Julie said...

Dayana - I'm with you. I keep asking as well.