Wednesday, April 09, 2014

More Samples

I'm working from home today. There are many things to get done in the next week.

  • The Frolic booth is coming together but signs need to be made. For the yarn and the garments. Boy do we have garments. I've shown a sampling here (more below) but there are others that you haven't seen.
  • The Frolic is on Saturday, April 26. Monday the store is closed and we will be unpacking from the show and trying to get the store in order. I will be doing another order of the super secret yarn to restock the store. Then on Thursday of that week I leave for Indianapolis for TNNA
  • At TNNA Beth and I are running an event called The Quest. It is a scavenger hunt on the show floor for shop owners and designers. We're mostly done but I need to get volunteers to help sign people up. I also need to contact the 36 wholesalers who are participating and make sure we're all on the same page
  • Then there is my tax return - we don't want to keep the tax man waiting.

Lorraine just finished Stephen West's Color Craving for me. She sent the picture in black and white. I can't wait to see it and how my colour choices played out. I really wanted to knit it myself for the Frolic but I knew that I wouldn't/couldn't get it done in time. It's done some travelling with Lorraine as well. While I'm wearing it I can say that I've been to Wales. The shawl is knit in the super secret fingering weight yarn.

Diana just finished Wee Liesl. Way too cute!!

A tiny version of one of Ysolda’s most popular women’s sweater designs. Liesl is a round yoked cardigan worked from the neck down in a simple allover feather and fan lace pattern. Shown in a luxurious wool and silk blend sportweight yarn that’s surprisingly easy to care for; Liesl would be beautiful as part of a special occasion outfit but it’s just as at home playing on the forest floor.
This simple, flexible cardigan can easily be customised. The sleeves can be worked to any length, try making them short for summer, and the buttons can be placed just at the top or all the way down. Five sizes are given to fit babies and toddlers from newborn to four years. The swingy shape and stretchy pattern mean that it can be worn a little long to begin with: maximising wear for recipients who seem capable of growing several inches overnight.
This is knit in the new super secret sock yarn.

While we're talking about the super secret yarn here are a few pictures of it being packed.
 They put in the pop can for perspective on how big the box is.
The boxes should be in the storage unit on Monday or Tuesday. I'll be there playing. I have skeins in every colour but haven't seen every colour in every fiber. I can't wait!!

There wasn't any knitting last night. I ended up in bed before 9pm. Tonight is going to be different. I'm wide awake and ready to go.

No comments: