Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Honey

Who doesn't love a free pattern?
This is the Voyager Wrap from Mrs. Crosby. You can download the pattern for free on Ravelry. The wrap is shown in Carpet Bag and you will need 4 skeins. I'm thinking one of the new multi-colours.
Bahama Woodstar
Peacock
Varied Bunting
Flame Colored Tanager
Northern Parula
Toucan
African Grey

Kim Hargreaves newest pattern book just arrived.
A sunkissed collection with a 70's vibe! Kim's latest book contains 21 simple, stylish knits including textured sweaters, classic cardigans and contemporary accessories.



The Amazing Race last night was great. It seems like the challenges on the Canadian version are harder than the American one. Beth and I would have blown away the detour last night. We learned how to clean fish at a very young age. Dad would take us fishing at the cottage and if we caught anything he would clean it and we would have it for dinner. I haven't done it in years but it would come back to me. The hockey players are going to be very hard to beat. Physically they are amazing. It will come down to the thinking challenges.

I think I've decided on my vacation knitting. Another Auburn Wave. Perfect for the airport and plane. I'm going to use Mrs. Crosby Hat Box in a new colour - Rueppell's Griffon. Hat Box is a sport weight yarn (a touch thicker than the fingering weight that the pattern calls for) so I'm going to use 4.5mm needles.
The next few days are going to be long. The Open (British Open golf tournament) comes on TV at 4am tomorrow and Friday morning. Tiger tees off at 4:04am tomorrow so you know we will be up watching. Knitting time!!

No comments: