Monday, August 25, 2014

Cleaning and Purging

The day started out with a trip to the dentist office. My regular appointment for cleaning. Nothing major - thank goodness.

Then I stopped at the store to water the plants. While the sprinkler was going I quickly washed the floors in the store. They aren't perfect and I definitely will never get a job cleaning but the store will smell nice tomorrow.

Then home to clean out the garage and basement.
There is a very large bin of quilting fabric.

The bed of Beth's truck was full of stuff. Why clean and purge now?

There is something interesting happening at home. Actually, that would be a new home. Beth and I bought a house. It has to be built and should be ready at the end of February. This is the drawing from the builders website.
It is in a small subdivision just outside of Ancaster and we will be backing onto green space. We will never have neighbours behind us and will always be looking at fields and trees. There is a much bigger back yard for the dogs. We need to get our house in order to list. I'm working my way through my closet. What to keep and what to donate? It is amazing how much 'stuff' you can accumulate. I'm afraid of seeing how much yarn I have in the house. Why am I hoarding it? There is lots in the store if I run out.

This will be the first time that either of us has moved. Kim has moved a few times and has given us some tips. I wish I could just wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched and everything would be ready to go.

We've been very good about shopping. So far we haven't really bought anything but appliances. I know some things that I want but then they have to be packed and move. I'll wait until we get there :)

4 comments:

Irene said...

congratulation, looks very nice.

Linda said...

Such great news! Very happy for you and Beth and the boys. You two are always moving for shows and camps so this move should go very well too. Congrats!

Seajaes said...

I will take the yarn and fabric. Lol

life ldc said...

Congratulations! A great opportunity to clear out stuff! :)