Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fall is Coming

There are new pattern books coming from Classic Elite in the next week or so.

Classic Elite has an awesome new feature in their books. There is a scratch code that you enter online. This will download the patterns into your Ravelry library. You have a hard copy of the book to look through and the patterns online so that you can print them off as you need them. No more bending the spine of your book. They can also be stored on your iPad for traveling.

1408 Autumn Leaf

Leaf motifs decorate fall sweaters, wraps and hats in Autumn Leaf, a beautiful collection featuring 12 designs for fall. 
 A versatile shrug to layer and wear year round, worked in a fern lace stitch.
The yarn used is Fresco.
Fresco is a smooth and even 3-ply sport weight yarn. The plies are twisted together tightly enough to make a firm, springy yarn, but not so tightly that the yarn loses its lofty, soft hand. The fiber blend—wool (for warmth and strength), alpaca (for loft and sheen), and a bit of angora (to provide a soft halo)—makes a yarn that’s warm, soft, and slightly fuzzy. Fresco is available in an expansive palette, which makes it great for colorwork projects. However, because of the ply, the yarn is also great for textured stitches and lace. 

See all the patterns in book 1408...

1407 Every Day Knits


Albright knit in Fresco
A striped raglan pullover worked from the top down, with deep garter stitch split hems and cuffs.
Cameron
Chateau and Chalet combine in this easy to knit colorblock pullover with a slight A-line shape. The turtleneck is optional and a round crew neck can be worked instead.
See all the patterns in the book... 

I took a few hours out of the store this afternoon and ran to Mississauga. Crate & Barrel. One of my favourite stores.

Their boxes are so cool. Every time I shop there I ask if I can work there for the day and make boxes.

This box has something for me. I'm taking it to my parents for them to give me for my birthday. If Beth and I shop for ourselves it makes our parent's lives much easier.

I'm into jugs right now. There are many in the house in Myrtle and I'm going to start collecting them for the house here.

I thought my post was done and then Mr. UPS came in. The Rowan Fine Tweed is here.

All the colours to knit Katja from Rowan Magazine #56.

I almost forgot that The Amazing Race Canada is on tonight. The determination that Nicole had last week was amazing. There is no way that I would have continued like she did. I would have called it quits long before finishing the task. I keep saying that I'm going to get knitting done but my wrist is still bothering me. I see my chiropractor tomorrow and maybe she can work it out for me.

No comments: