Saturday, August 23, 2014

Irish Coffee

Wannietta stopped by today with a sample for the Knitters' Fair. LOVE IT! I took a few quick pictures before leaving the store. It wasn't really sunny and I was in a hurry to get to a family party.

Pattern: Irish Coffee by Thea Colman (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Steamer Trunk in the colour Boston Fern - the cables look amazing in Steamer Trunk

I haven't seen Wannietta since the Frolic. She looked great - healthy and happy. She was with her friend Lee and his son Jake. Jake is 8 - how many 8 year old boys like a yarn store? His comment to Wannietta, "I know why you like visiting this store, it's a knitters paradise." I really like that kid :)

The family party was fun with many, many laughs. We always have a great time when we get together. The Nascar Race is on and I'm thinking about picking up my knitting. It's been days since I've touched needles. I hope I can remember what to do.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Family, knitting, kids - yep, it all goes together. :) I love that sweater. I can see me wearing that over a turtleneck knit shirt.