Friday, September 26, 2014

It was for a good cause

The dinner went extremely well last night. Of course we came home with a van full of goodies. My family has never met an auction (live or silent) that we haven't liked.

Beth and I have a 65" TV for the new house. It's going to live in my parent's basement until moving day. We're afraid that dad is going to open the box and move it into his living room.

There were two amazing planters and I came home with both. One is at the store and the other at my house.

Some pottery.

Two different sets of hockey tickets - one for a game in Toronto and one for a game in Buffalo.

My dad went crazy in the baking section going home with a dutch treat that I can't spell, a lemon pie and a carrot cake. He is on a bit of a sugar rush right now.

Another surprise came in today - a new set of Karbonz interchangeable needles. These are a special set with short tips to make 40cm (16") circulars. The needle sizes are 3.5mm-6mm.

Special Tips are designed to produce circulars in 16'' (40cm) length. Each tip measures 4'' (10cm) and is to be used with cords provided in the set
  • A revolutionary product!! New-age needles made from High-Tech carbon fiber with tips in nickel plated brass!
  • Combination of two versatile materials - light bodied carbon fiber & sharp brass tips - is guaranteed to provide an unparalleled knitting experience!! No other knitting needle comes closer to this!!
  • Carbon fiber is one of the most versatile material used in manufacture of the new generation aircraft, space ship, automobiles, etc.!!
  • Shiny, smooth brass tips comes in perfect points, flawlessly tapered - Ideal for all types of yarns and for every project
  • The needles have high tensile strength, are light weight with lot of flexibility
  • Surface made of carbon fiber helps the stitches move smoothly on the needle!!
  • Resilient, flexible cords lay flat, with no kink or twist – easy to store
  • Warm to touch & gentle in the hand
  • Available in a convenient packing of the seven most used sizes
  • The set includes 2 cords to produce circular needles of various lengths
  • Available in an attractive black and grey fabric case with see through vinyl for safe storage
There hasn't been enough knitting lately. Here is the shawl so far.
I'm almost ready to join in another colour. The Ryder Cup started this morning. The plan was to wake up at 2:30 to watch but I was so tired that I couldn't do it. I had it on in my room but I kept falling asleep. I'm going to bed early tonight and will get up early tomorrow morning. More knitting time!

No comments: