Thursday, October 02, 2014

Motivation

Mr. Canpar visited today and brought a box from Manos del Uruguay with new colours of Alegria sock yarn.
Sock yarn from Manos!  Alegria is an easy-care blend of ultra-soft superwash merino with durable polyamide.  Its “hand” is remarkably soft and resilient
Fiber Content
75% superwash merino, 25% polyamide
Yardage
approx. 445 yds / 425 mts per 3.5 oz / 100g
Tension
28 - 30 sts = 4" / 10cm
Needle Size
US 1 - 3 / 2.25 - 3mm
Care Instructions
Machine wash or hand wash, cool water. Dry flat.



I didn't get the Inspira Cowl finished last night. A little thing called cleaning out my closet got in the way. We need to get our house in order so that we can list it. Now I understand why some people live in the same house all their lives. This packing is for the birds.

Here is a bit of my motivation.

The main floor of the new house is going to be tile. It looks like hardwood - long planks of greys and dark brown. We decided to go tile because it is easier with the dogs. They're not very good about wiping their feet before coming in the house.
This is going to be our kitchen island. When we saw the kitchen in the model we fell in love. Ours will be almost exactly the same. The cabinets are a light grey. The counter is white quartz. The handles are the same. The only difference is the doors. We picked Shaker kitchen cabinets. There was a debate over the sink. I love the farmhouse sink but did we want to pay the extra money for it? In the end we decided to do it or I would always regret it. That is our faucet. I didn't know that I wanted it until I saw it in the design centre. It is hands free - way too cool. Good for Beth - she has a small germ issue.

They are supposed to be starting the foundation on our house very soon. It's getting exciting and scary at the same time.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Love that sink!

lookinout said...

I'm curious as to why a super deep sink and sharp pointed corners is a good idea. I can't see wanting it. The corners will accumulate debris, n'est-ce pas? They would for me anyway and the depth is swearing at my back.

Gillian