Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Magic Balls

There are two new colours of Classic Elite Liberty Wool and we have them in the store now. This is 78103 Deep Valley.

A cardigan with an A-line shape and minimal finishing. The yoke, collar and sleeves are worked sideways in Garter stitch from the center to the cuff. Stitches are then picked up from the bottom edge of the yoke and worked down to the hem in Stockinette stitch.
The pattern is free when you purchase the Liberty Wool to make it.




The Magic Carpet Pullover knit in the new colour 78102 Magic Carpet. (Someone went out on a limb when they named this sweater :) )
A relaxed fit pullover with buttons closing the garter stitch side panels and cuffs.
This pattern is also free with the purchase of Liberty Wool.

The two new colours are calling my name and whispering 'inspira cowl, inspira cowl'. I'm trying to ignore it but it's getting louder.

Did you read Classic Elite's Web-Letter today? There is an awesome scarf. And we all have yarn at home that will make it.

The gentle scallops from the stitch pattern add interest to your magic ball knitting. The stitch pattern repeat is an odd number of rows
– each row of the repeat will be worked on the “right side” and “wrong side” alternately, makinga reversible scarf. This pattern will work well with self-striping yarns too – try Liberty Wool Print or Santorini. 
Susan Mills, Classic Elite's designer writes
You know all those odd bits of leftover yarn that pile up? If you’re like me, you hate to throw any amount of yarn away and hang onto every last piece – just in case you need it. Winding a magic ball is the perfect use for your stray balls and odd bits. Read our latest blog post and learn all about it. 
Beth is going to be digging through boxes of yarn tonight to find all the bits of Liberty Wool.


I need to hit Publish and get to my knitting. Every time I read over the post I see the colours of Liberty and now I'm going to be dreaming of Inspira Cowls. I need to get a different image in my head or I will be starting something new tomorrow.

No comments: