Saturday, July 18, 2015

Magmatic Boom is finished

Here is Magmatic Boom (pattern purchased on Ravelry). Cast off and ready to be blocked. The pattern is easy to follow. The stitches are easy to do.
I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. Knitty.com has a great tutorial for this bind off.

Today's public service announcement. You will need almost double the amount of yarn to do this cast off. Don't try to cut it short. You won't be happy if you are casting off a shawl with 400 stitches on the needles.

The yarn is a Party of Five kit from SweetGeorgia Yarns. The kits will be here at the end of August. My colourway is English Bay.
We also have Rusted and Snapdragon coming along with a few more that I can't find pictures of right now.

There will also be a few colourways coming with glitter.

I think I will block tomorrow morning while watching the golf. It starts on TV at 7am so it will be an early (OK, earlyish) evening.

No comments: