Saturday, October 10, 2015

The leaves are turning - sweater weather is coming

Fall is my favourite time of the year. My sweaters can come out of the closet. The leaves are turning and it is beautiful driving to work. I really can't get enough of the oranges, yellows, rusts, reds and greens. And it's funny, I don't wear or knit in those colours.
Many of our customers have never been in the store. They live out of town and we mail yarn to them. I like to show some of our different displays so they feel like they are in the store. Both my Ley Lines shawls are hanging and we've made up kits. All kits have three skeins because that is what I used for the shawl. You can make the shawl with two skeins if you are careful and we will be happy to take out a skein if that is what you choose. We've used different yarns for the kits.

-Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk Single
-Dream in Color Jilly with Cashmere
-Malabrigo Sock
-Malabrigo Mechita

 There are some great colours - I'm thinking about starting another one.
We have been asked about doing another KAL (knit along) and it's in the works. Once we are back from Woodstock I will announce the details.

It's much later in the day. Beth and I had dinner out and then went grocery shopping. Beth tried to go earlier today but Saturday afternoon on a long weekend isn't really the ideal time. We're flipping between many sporting events and I realized that I hadn't finished my post. What can I add? I went to Rowan's website and here is a free pattern for you. The button detail is very interesting.
Farne by Martin Storey knit in Felted Tweed Aran - download the pattern....

Now it's time to knit. I only have a few rows left on my shawl. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: