Saturday, November 28, 2015

Yummy wool and silk

There are three free patterns from Louisa Harding using her new Amitola Grande.
I have designed three quick holiday projects to knit, each using just one 100g ball of Amitola Grande, perfect to gift or knit for yourself! Just follow this link to download the patterns and get knitting.
http://www.louisaharding.co.uk/justgiving.html

The patterns are free, however if you would like to make a donation to Cancer Research please follow this link:
https://www.justgiving.com/Louisa-Harding/


Amitola Grande is a luxurious silk and wool blend self-striping yarn.
80% merino wool
20% silk

250m on a 100gram ball

$29.95 a ball.

Blogging is a bit frustrating right now. In a very good way. I have lots to tell you but I need to divide the posts up or I would have a really long post with too many pictures. Right now I have posts written for Sunday and Monday. Things could change though if something new comes up like free patterns or a finished project.

Last week I took home a skein of Malabrigo Rasta and was going to knit a cowl. The colour has been calling my name. I was working on Thursday afternoon when the phone rang. "I'm home from work and my scarf is finished. There is a skein of Rasta on the counter. What is it for? Can I use it? I left my iPad at mom and dad's so I'm using yours. And I'm logged into your Ravelry account. You have a cowl in your favourites called the Textured Cowl. Can I use the skein and make that?" There went my skein. Beth made the cowl and I love the colours even more.
I took it outside for pictures along with a few other things. I didn't want to throw it on the ground when I was done so I put it on. It is so warm.

Lynn brought in her Ombre Cowl Hood this morning. It looks great.
Pattern: Ombre Cowl Hood (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 605, 664 and 659
Here is mine so far. It has a totally different look in the Kidsilk Haze Stripe.

I unpacked a box yesterday afternoon that was full of Knitter's Pride needles and accessories. This pattern holder (available in two sizes) will make your life much easier. 

This indispensable pattern holder is a handy way to keep and display patterns and charts while working on a project. Useful for all knitters, but a “must-have” for lace knitters, especially
Convenient tool for keeping patterns close and easy to read
Easy to fold and unfold for storage; Lays flat when folded
Can stand upright when folded open, vertically or horizontally
Snap closure insures that materials inside stay neat and put
Extremely strong magnets keep patterns and/or charts in place
One extra long magnet strip also works as an indicator guide
Handy pocket holds patterns and charts
Pen pocket keeps marker close at hand
Black poly-jacquard fabric is sturdy and easy to keep clean
Small Size:
Dimensions (in open position): 35cm x 26.25cm (14" x 10½")
Dimensions (in folded position): 17.5cm x 26.25cm (7" x 10½")
Large Size:
Dimensions (in open position): 50cm x 30cm (20" x 12")
Dimensions (in folded position): 25cm x 30cm (10" x 12")
Now back to work. The store is open - we have customers to help and shelves to straighten.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

That silk and wool yarn looks incredible! Gorgeous stuff!