Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Entrelac


A box arrived from Lynda this morning with new samples. Just like Christmas morning.

Pattern: Entrelac Scarf (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 balls of Silk Garden
We used colour 413
Entrelac is a knitting technique used to create a textured diamond pattern. While the result resembles basket-woven strips of knitted fabric, the actual material comprises interconnected squares on two different orientations.
You can easily make the scarf longer and/or wider. You can also adapt the pattern to any thickness of yarn.
We took the October 2015 Dream Club yarn and used it to knit The Honey Cowl (free pattern on Ravelry). The yarn is super soft and the colours look great in this stitch.

Beth is asking (in a kind of loud and demanding way) that I hurry up because the finale of Survivor is taping. I'm going to sign off because I really want to get to my knitting. The colours are working up nicely and I want to see how the next one plays out.


No comments: