Saturday, April 16, 2016

Amalfi Poncho

Happy Saturday. What a beautiful day. It was a great day to be out and about.

I love this poncho - two colours of my favourite yarn. We have a poncho theme happening for the Frolic so we made up kits today and the poncho will be on display at the show.
I won't win any photography contests with this picture - I totally cut Lynn's head off.
Pattern: Amalfi Poncho from the 2013 Fall Knitscene magazine. If you don't have the magazine, you can purchase the pattern in the Interweave Store.

Yarn: Two colours of Liberty Wool from Classic Elite

There are two sizes in the pattern. The smaller size takes 5 balls each of the two colours, the larger size takes 7 of each colour.
Throw this basic poncho over a casual outfit for instant impact. Knit side-to-side in a long-color repeat yarn for high visibility.


Nancy took part in our last KAL and made this shawl. The last time she was in the store I asked her to bring it in so that I could get pictures. I love the colours!
Pattern: The Doodler (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Mrs. Crosby Satchel - Barn Swallow, Boston Fern, Vintage Port
It's knitting night and there are a few hockey games on. The only problem with that is changing the channel. Flipping between games means putting down my knitting. My goal is to finish the first ball of my shawl tonight. If I have enough tea I might be able to make a dent on the second ball.

No comments: