Thursday, May 19, 2016

Summer Wrap

A new pattern just came in for Sirdar's Cotton DK.
The wrap is gorgeous!

Bag: 2 balls
Wrap: 4 balls
Blanket: 9 balls
We have created this fabulous cotton double knitting yarn for hand knit and crochet projects – it can be used to create designs for all the family from babies to adults and looks equally gorgeous in projects for the home. The yarn is made using mercerized cotton to create a subtle sheen and incredible stitch definition so it’s the perfect yarn for lace knitting, cables and crochet work. This Cotton DK is a classic double knitting yarn that will knit to all Sirdar’s DK designs and is machine washable. 
There are great colours to choose from...

Yesterday I mentioned a shipment coming from Freia Fibers. This amazing scarf is knit in the bulky - double stranded.

Pattern: You Look Gradient (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 balls of Friea Bulky
Needles: 25mm (I better make sure we have lots in stock)
The stripes in the yarn line up almost perfectly. That is the great thing about Freia. All balls of the same lot are dyed exactly the same.

I'll be making mine in the colour Vintage.

We watched the finale of Survivor last night. I won't give the ending away but we were shocked.

It's almost bed time but I'm trying to get a few more rows in before I go. Originally I was going to start with the purple for the second half of my shawl. I changed my mind and went denim. This way it will be green/blue around my neck and purple at the end.

No comments: