Monday, July 04, 2016

Hedgehog Fibres

I've decided that I'm not starting anything new quite yet. I'm waiting for our order from Hedgehog Fibres and then I'm going to start Outline (the pattern is free)
Do you hoard beautiful, one of a kind, hand dyed skeins of soft sock weight yarn? I do too. This is the perfect design to use up all of your crazy, colourful yarns, remnants, bits and bobs, leftover yarns, and all of your prized special skeins too.
Simple in construction, this wrap lets your yarns shine and your mind rest. It’s a very easy, enjoyable knit, with a great knitting rhythm.
Easily adaptable, in terms of length, width and colours. Try using yarns that are of similar weight for best results.
Picking four colours is going to be hard - I think I'll want to play with more.
Shockwaves is another free pattern.
Shockwaves is a light and airy wrap of generous proportions. Pleasant and easy knit, great for showcasing all your cherished speckled skeins. You’ll need 4 colours of Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles yarn. Simple construction will let your yarns shine. You can either opt for a nice contrasting colours (Electric blue version), or go for all speckle look (Fool’s Gold gray version). No need to cut your yarn for the stripes, carry it inside the i-cord edge!

Yarn: Skinny Singles 4 skeins, 4 different colourways
Yardage: around 340m of each colour used, around 1360m in total.

Gauge: 23 stitches and 26 rows is 10cm in garter stitch after light blocking.

Needle: 4mm, circular or straight, the garment is knitted flat. If you are a tight knitter use 4.25mm needle.
I can't wait to get back to the store tomorrow. Today has been a whirl wind and I'm tired. It's much more relaxing to go to work than to spend a day running errands.

No comments: