Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thunderclap

We received an awesome shipment from Prism Yarns today. These yarns are hand dyed in Florida by Laura Bryant. She puts together the most amazing colour combinations.
Designed to dip gracefully in the back, the Eccentric Chevron Wrap sits comfortably on your shoulders. The graphic interest comes from unbalanced, or eccentric chevrons: one leg is much longer than the other, which skews the fabric off-center. By mirroring the stitches at center back, a dip is formed naturally.
The kit comes with all the Merino Mia yarn you'll need to make the wrap (6 - 190-yard skeins in assorted variegated colors), and the Eccentric Chevron Wrap pattern. Prism Merino Mia is absolutely stunning. This machine-washable, hand-dyed yarn is 100% merino superwash, with a gauge of 6 to 6.5 stitches to the inch.

When I was at TNNA, I asked Laura to make a special colourway for me. I'm taking one kit from the box and there are two more in Thunderclap. This could be my Olympic knitting. If I can wait that long to start.

This afternoon was spent on the golf course. It was my first round since Vegas in January. Beth has Club Championship this weekend so she wanted to get in some practice. I hit some good shots and some not so good shots. It was fun to be outside so I'm not worrying about the score.
Dinner is finished and now it's time to put my feet up. I haven't knit a stitch today and my fingers are itching. It could be that I'm too tired to do anything else :)

No comments: