Thursday, September 01, 2016

Onto another project

It's almost finished. I just need to trim the fringes. That needs to be done at home on my sewing table. I will tape them down and use my rotary cutter to get a straight, even line. I want to be awake and alert when I do it. Otherwise you cut once and it isn't straight and then you cut again. Before you know it you have no fringes left. Kind of like cutting your bangs when you were young.

Alex just finished a new sample for the store.

Pattern: Campside (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: 5 balls of Classic Elite Arietta
Yak and merino blend for squishable luxury in worsted weight Arietta. Outstanding stitch definition and a color range of soft mid-tones make Arietta a cable knitter's dream.   
If you visit the store, make sure you feel the shawl. It is so soft.
We have all our kits made for the Knitters' Fair. Our lists are made and we're ready to start packing. I always get antsy over the long weekend. Are we ready? Will the orders that I'm expecting arrive on time? Will we get everything into the van? Things always turn out well so I don't know why I'm worrying. Oh yeah, there are the three projects that I want to finish for the Fair.

No comments: