Sunday, January 15, 2017

LITLG

There will be a new yarn coming our way in February.
Life in the Long Grass
We are an Irish artisan hand dyed yarn and art studio in the countryside in Ireland. I am a keen knitter and was taught to knit and crochet by my Mum and our crafty neighbour Mrs Ryan. I love working with natural fibres and incorporate them in our home and what we wear as much as possible.

We worked as a graphic designer (Caroline) and architect (Jonny) in London and Spain before moving back to Ireland and living in the countryside – from there it was a natural transition to take our love of colour, art and design and apply it to our love of yarn.
All the yarn in our first shipment will be Fine Sock 75/25
75% Superwash Merino & 25% Nylon, 4ply Fingering weight yarn, 425m (467 yards) and 100g
75/25 4ply yarn is smooth, soft and the most durable sock yarn making it the perfect choice for all projects:  socks, baby clothing, shawls, cardigans, and sweaters.  The softness and drape is fab next to the skin.
As I was downloading the pictures of the yarn for the website I kept thinking to myself "that would look beautiful in Find Your Fade."
There will be semi-solid colourways as well.


This is just a sample of the great colours coming. There will be 13 mottled colours and 15 solids. Watch for updates here and on our Instagram account - needleemporium.

I cast off the last stitch just as the football game was ending. Tomorrow we'll sew in the ends and then I'll get more pictures.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love the way your Fade turned out. The colours are beautiful.