Saturday, March 11, 2017

Someone is watching me


I made it to the sixth colour. Finally. This was the first colour I chose for the shawl. I love it so I put it at the end where I will use almost the full skein.

Now the problem is that my seventh colour might be too close. When I'm further into this section I'll be able to tell.
Someone is watching me while I'm typing. I'm at the breakfast bar. In the kitchen. Close to the cookie jar. If I get up he'll be right beside just in case I'm feeling generous.

Have you been watching the weather forecast for this week? It looks like Tuesday could be a snow day.
Major winter storm threatens Southern Ontario early next week.

As if to remind us that spring has not officially begun yet, Mother Nature is gearing up for a significant winter storm. A developing low pressure centre currently over the Northwestern United States will track just south of the Great Lakes on Monday and Monday night.

Snow is forecast to spread into Southwestern Ontario during the day Monday then envelop much of Southern Ontario Monday night through Tuesday. Cold Arctic air already in place over the Great Lakes will ensure it will be a dry fluffier snow, creating some blowing snow issues as winds pick up during the storm.

Total snowfall amounts of 15 to 25 centimetres are likely with enhanced amounts closer to 30 centimetres possible in the Hamilton to Niagara corridor, due to added moisture from Lake Ontario. Snowfall amounts will likely be appreciably less farther north towards Georgian Bay or into parts of Eastern Ontario. The snow should taper off Tuesday night in most areas.

This snowstorm has the potential to significantly affect travel due to accumulating snow and blowing snow resulting in hazardous winter driving conditions.

No comments: