Friday, August 25, 2017

Finally Finished


She's done it again. Another new pattern from Ambah.

Pattern: Neridah (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 3 skeins of fingering weight yarn
On those warm summer nights when the slightest chill creeps in, wrap yourself in a soft, gossamer shawl as light as air. Knit sideways in garter stripes and a central lace panel, with decreases forming a centre spine, Neridah is an elongated triangle with generous proportions. The sample is worked in an airy merino cashmere that feels like knitting up a cloud, but the pattern is also suitable for your favourite fingering weight yarn - choose pretty pastels for a summery look, or bold brights for a dramatic transeasonal accessory.

I totally forgot to share a picture that Wannietta sent to me on Wednesday evening.
She made it through another colour on So Faded. It gets better looking with each picture.

Free Your Fade (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is finished. Blocked. Ends sewn in. Finally. The knitting has been done for quite some time. I used Adelaide from Primrose Yarn Co in the colours London Goth, Thrash and Witching Hour.
My shawl is bigger than the designers - I knit all of the first skein and she didn't. I like my shawls long and this one is.

There will be a different layout for the Knitters' Fair this year. The arenas that we were in last year are being renovated so this year we are in the big arena. I don't know our booth number yet but I think it will be 24-26 or 6-8.



Badge for 2017 K-W Knitters Fair

Now it's time to knit a few rows and then bed. I'm hoping for a busy day in the store tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Free Your Fade Shawl is beautiful. An intriguing pattern too. I have dropped the pattern into my library on Ravelry.