Saturday, August 19, 2017

North Sea

Today's post is earlier than usual. I will be closing the store at 4, running home to let the dogs out (Beth is golfing) and then dad is picking me up for the airport. By the time I land I don't think I'll want to sit down and write.

The patterns in Marie Wallin's new book, North Sea, are amazing.
See all the patterns...
This new book is a collection inspired by the traditional fisherman knit and is a celebration of nautical cables and Celtic twists, complimented by Nordic inspired Fair Isle. The 8 designs are knitted using Rowan yarn, mainly Felted Tweed (my favourite!) and their new Valley Tweed, which will be out in the shops mid July. We photographed NORTH SEA on Unst, the most northerly of the Shetland Islands…a beautiful, wild and remote place.


An order of Lykke needles is on the way. Double pointed needle sets as well as sets of crochet hooks. I think we'll see them late in the week.



I'm packed and ready to go. I'll try and blog while I'm away. My flight back is early Tuesday afternoon and the store will open again at 10am on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Julie, what needles do you use when knitting on a plane?