Thursday, August 31, 2017

True Colours

Melanie Berg has a new pattern coming out on September 14. I love it!! She has been working with Lorna's Laces and they came up with this amazing colour combination.
The full set for the shawl will retail for around $135 (depending on exchange rate) and will include 10 Staccato skeins at 25 grams/107 yards per skein as well as 1 skein of Shepherd Sock. 
The pattern will be available on Ravelry and is called True Colours.
There will be a KAL in her Ravelry group. I believe it will be starting in October.

We're packing for the Knitters' Fair. We are going to have 9 shawls designed by Ambah O'Brien in the booth. There will be loose yarn so that knitters can make up their own colour combinations but not everyone likes doing that. So.. I made up kits with 3 skeins that can be used for many of Ambah's designs. I also made kits for the Bambara Wrap. There are some little skeins at the top of the picture - these are the new mitten kits from Blue Sky Fibers.
Find Your Fade kits.

I decided that we are going to take Big Loop from Loopy Mango to the Fair.
We have a garter stitch throw that takes one of these large balls and is knit on 35mm needles.

I decided that I needed to knit a throw. Of course it is purple. I'm using 25mm needles. There are a lot of stitches in a row - 26. This is the larger version that will take two balls. I haven't finished the first ball yet. A smaller throw can be made with one ball.. I know that I will have this finished for the Knitters' Fair :)

Now it's time to pick up the needles.

No comments: