Wednesday, December 13, 2017

BRRRRR

It's really cold out there today and got me thinking about accessories for keeping warm.

Lynn knit up this very cute hat. She hasn't had time to add a faux fur pompom.
Pattern: Tread (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: One strand of Woolstok held with one strand of Kidsilk Haze

Cathy knit me these mittens last Christmas. They are so warm.

Pattern: Antler Mittens (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: tosh chunky. One skein will make up the medium size. You will need two skeins if making an adult large pair.

I had to try out the new Lykke needles last night. I can't sell them if they aren't nice to knit with :)

They are really nice to knit with. The joins are great. The yarn isn't catching.

I made the Darn Knit Kinetic Cowl (pattern free on Ravelry) with Gaia from Rosairios. The yarn is a blend - 75% wool and 25% acrylic. I wanted to see how the yarn looks knit up and I like it. You can easily make the cowl in two evenings. The pattern asks for 80-100 yards. I used two balls of Gaia which gives me 140 yards. $30 for the cowl - it's a great price for a Christmas gift.
I wanted to show what it looks like on. A different part of the house and different lighting. The colour is off but it shows how well the cowl stands up.
Many people have used Caracol from Malabrigo to make the cowl. I brought a skein home and have another cowl on the needles. Quick and easy makes for fun knitting.

No comments: