Wednesday, February 14, 2018

More Unpacking

The new colours of Erika Knight Studio Linen arrived late yesterday afternoon. Yummy!!

We love the Sleeveless Slipover from Churchmouse Yarns - we have two samples knit up in the store using Studio Linen.
“8 sizes and 4 lengths!” 
This style is so versatile, we all wanted different lengths. So here you have it—cropped, hip, tunic, and dress lengths. Or any length you’d like! It’s quite simple to customize your Slipover—for your personal style or body type, as a long layer with side vents, or as a short topper over a tee, to be dressed up or down. 
We designed eight different sizes and four different lengths in a variety of summery fibers.


Rowan's new Cotton Cashmere is beautiful.
A rich blend of 85% cotton and 15% Cashmere available in sixteen soft tonal shades. Cotton Cashmere, will produce a well-defined fabric giving clear definition of pattern and a beautiful finish.
My post is on hold until Mr. UPS arrives this afternoon with the new yarn from Knit One, Crochet Too. I've already written most of tomorrow's post as well. New yarn has been added to the website and my fingers are tired of typing. What to do?? I'm going to knit a few rows.

It's here. Meet Cozette.
Cozette is a wonderfully soft yarn, blending silk and cotton in beautiful colors. The finished fabric has a slight homespun texture with beautiful drape. Perfect for lace work and crochet.
The Birches Shawlette is a popular pattern.
Cozette will work with any pattern calling for fingering weight yarn.
I am kind of upset that I have to wait a few weeks until I get to knit with the Ty-Dy Cotton. The colours are awesome!
The Liz Cardigan is a free pattern on Ravelry that takes 4 or 5 balls of Ty-Dy Cotton.
Knit in one piece, starting from the back and knit until you will separate for the 2 front panels. After, you will seem up side and hit the road! 
If you are more of a sweater person, you follow the pattern for the back and up the front to the end of the neck shaping. Then you will join the two sides and continue down the front.

Alex brought in Stripe Study today. Oh my goodness, it is beautiful. We think this could be the last wedge. Alex won't know until she has it finished but I don't want her to be playing yarn chicken.

I talked with Tina at Freia Fibers last night and a shipment is on the way - we should see the colour of my shawl next week.

Now back to my knitting. I might make it to the end of the lace tonight and back to the stripes. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

No comments: