Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Minis

Mr. Roko had us up very early this morning. I got up and on my way to work - I was there before 8 and had a lot of fun playing with the Hedgehog.

We received two sets of Hedgehog Sock Minis in our order. There are 30 colours including 7 of the new colours.
-Bollywood
-Foam
-Guppy
-Iris
-Kimono
-Park Life
-Piggybank
-Raku

The Kidsilk Lace in Pistachio is calling my name. The yarn has been photographed and added to the website.

Villian is pretty awesome too.
If these are too bright then you might like Juniper.

What am I going to make with Kidsilk Lace?
Triangular garter stitch shawl with an i-cord border. The striping is rather striking, especially using high contrast yarns. The shawl is quite sizeable and in the shlanket territory, but you will be adding width in sections and you can simply choose to stop adding sections at any time for a smaller shawl. Kidsilk Lace adds a wonderful fuzzy texture and a delicate translucent effect.
Baseline is a strong possibility. The pattern is free from Hedgehog Fibres.

Outline is another possibility.
I've made it twice and loved knitting it.


Then there is another option on the table - probably leaving out the green (Swamp) on the top left.
I might have Alex knit with the Kidsilk Lace and I'll make Squared.
Simple modular poncho design with an applied i-cord border. No need to pick up stitches all the way around, yay! You will be holding two strands of different colours for a marled effect. The poncho is knitted in sections that are attached as you go. Easy and fun project, incorporating lots of different colours of fingering weight, so go dive into that stash!
I went through some of my leftover Hedgehog Sock and might cast on tonight just to see if I like it :)

No comments: