Sunday, April 08, 2018

LYS Day

Don't forget to mark Saturday April 21 on your calendar. It is LYS Day in the store and we are going to have some great deals.

I've been busy making the signs. There will be brightly coloured yellow paper throughout the store.

*Kauni $20 a ball
*Malabrigo is on sale - 30% off
*Debbie Bliss is on sale
   -All Cashmerino (baby and aran) $6.50 a ball.
*Mountain Colors Bearfoot (fingering weight wool and mohair) $20 a skein
*Rowan Tetra Cotton $4 a ball
*Mirasol Illaris (a dk weight cotton) $3 a skein

Wendy Evolution kits will be on sale for $15.
Scarf/shawl kit in a box. Super soft, hand knotted colour changing yarn (the colour change is produced by dyeing each colour separately and then hand tying set lengths of yarn together), packaged to work straight from the box.
The list keeps growing. Don't miss out on great deals. Keep watching on our LYS page for updated information.

We also have a special kit from Trendsetter.
I started it and really like knitting with the yarn. And the needles - 5mm. I will have pictures tomorrow.

Dad converted the garage in their Myrtle Beach house into an office/sewing room for mom. Now we're making it a TV room. Dad and Beth went couch shopping in March and when I was in Myrtle, dad and I bought the couch. Beth mentioned a chair in the furniture store. I loved it and it came home with us. People were staying in my house so it sat at dad's until yesterday. Now it is in my bedroom.
Dad made it safely to Puerto Rico. Beth talked to him when they landed. The flights were good and then they had a 2 hour drive. Since then she has been texting with other people in the group - my dad does not text. He has one of those old flip phones. If his phone goes to voicemail it says not to leave a message - he doesn't know how to get them out. I was up before 5 to call and wake him. And to say goodbye and have a good trip. Roko and I went back to sleep until about 8:30 when Roko had had enough. I planned on having an afternoon nap but the Masters was very compelling. That means early to bed tonight. The store is closed tomorrow but I will be there briefly in the morning. Just in case the Hedgehog arrives. Then it's a day of errands.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Just wondering if your specials will be available online? I won’t be able to get to your store on LYS day. Thank you!

Julie said...

Hi Carolyn
The specials will only be available in the store. I manually update the website and won't be able to keep up with it during the day. I will try and put some of the specials online early the following week if I am able to. We have the Knitters Frolic in Toronto the following Saturday.